Management & Administration)
793366 3rd Line EHS Mono,
Job title - Vineyard Manager
Reporting to – Vineyard and Winery Senior Manager
Golf & Ski free
Adamo Estate Winery is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
Responsibilities & Duties: Manages and performs the overall daily needs of the operation for Winery. Mentor, Coach and manage farm personnel.
- Testing the following (using protocol and procedures outlined by the winemaker); pH, TA, brix, turbidity, alcohol, Free & Total Sulphur, residual sugar, malo-lactic fermentation through chromatography, protein stability, filterability and cold stability.
- Interpreting tested data from wines.
- Setting up tasting trials: acid, sugar, blending, among others.
- Tasting with confidence and ability to describe a wine and recognize wine faults.
- Tank/barrel and equipment cleaning and sanitizing, racking, transfers, additions, barreling up and down, blending, fining, filtering, bottling and record keeping.
- Competence to run a crush pad; forklifting, receiving grapes (weighing in), pressing, crushing and destemming, cleaning, sanitizing and maintaining equipment (cleaning, oiling, greasing, etc).
- Leading tastings and/or tours and pouring at wine events around Ontario.
- Moving and lifting wine cases and stacking them.
- Pruning, tying, canopy management (shoot thinning, suckering, green harvest, etc), IPM, scouting, spray programs, fertilizing, weeding and harvesting, geo-textile blanket applications and removal, implementing bird netting and closing/opening each row, setting up bird control mechanisms, replanting, monitoring and sampling grapes.
- Tractor driving; un-burying, cultivating, fertilizer spreading, spraying, mowing, hedging, weeding, and burying vines for the winter. Plus pulling a trailer, using a front end loader or bucket and snow removal with a snow blower.
- Large rock removal.
- Trellis maintenance.
- Weed whacking and hand weeding.
Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- 3-5 years of related experience preferred
- Work to be performed in the English language
- Ability to manage a team and work well as part of the team or individually.
- Cooperative attitude and be flexible to changes and work hours.
- Willingness to expand knowledge base and practices and participate in vine and wine trials.
- Being prepared to work in all types of weather and temperatures in Southern Ontario.
- Able to do physical labour and lift 25 KG.
- Driving to pick up items from suppliers.
- Problem solving on the spot.
- Removal of garbage to appropriate locations.
- Hand shovelling, snow removal and salting.
Pay - salary is $36,400.00
Bonus – eligible to receive up to $4,000.00 annually
For assistance please call 1 866 379 4915