Sales & Marketing)
Church & State Wines
Greater Vancouver/ Lower Mainland,
Founded in 2004, Church & State Wines was created with the goal of raising the bar of the Wines of British Columbia, starting a revolution of quality and a rebellion against the norms. This goal is achieved through a balance of militant control, and freedom of expression, both in the cellar and the vineyard. Our sovereign territory amounts to 120 acres of estate vineyards in strategic locations across the South Okanagan Valley. Church & State has been recognized as producing Canada's best red wine eight times since 2009, acknowledged by international panels and foreign dignitaries including Jancis Robinson, Master of Wine, Wine Advisor to the Queen.
We currently have an opening for a full time Sales Representative, a dedicated, dynamic, detailed-oriented team player who possesses strong sales & presentation skills to service the Greater Vancouver territory.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated and has a strong desire to be successful in all sales channels. Previous wine sales experience is an asset, and a positive attitude is a must. Experience calling on restaurants, LDB stores and private retail accounts will be taken into consideration with at least 1-year experience selling to these customers is preferred. We offer a competitive remuneration package and company health benefits.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Represent the company in a professional manner at all times
· Developing distribution, display activity, on premise presence, by the glass activity, and other sales and merchandising opportunities in on premise and retail accounts.
· Generate a self-determined schedule of account visits in order to cover the entire territory in an efficient manner and manage schedule in order to be productive.
· When possible expand territory by adding new accounts
· Meet and exceed sales targets
· Educate our customers and their staff on our wines
· Execute manager directed sales programs
· Provide complete and accurate weekly summaries of sales activity
· Keep informed on any market changes in your area and offer constructive suggestions on the situation
· Maintain relationships and open lines of communication with established and new accounts in order to take advantage of sales opportunities as they arise
· Identify and execute on any distribution and / or merchandising opportunities that arise in all sales channels
· Pour at trade and public tastings as required
Job Requirements for Candidates
· Have and maintain good understanding of the wine industry and the beverage alcohol industry in general including various customer and channel regulations, market trends and competition
· Min 1 year sales experience in the wine and/or beverage alcohol industry
· WSET Level 2 or higher preferred
· Great negotiator
· Have a fully insured, reliable, and appropriate vehicle and valid drivers license
· Serving it Right certification
· Excellent communication skills
· Ability to be proactive
· Ability to work occasional evening or weekend events
Interested candidates can email their resume with cover letter
For assistance please call 1 866 379 4915