Vineyards & Cellars )
The winemaker role is a key member of the leadership team and is responsible for strategic planning, innovation and quality assurance. The winemaker oversees the daily operations of production, from harvest to final blending and bottling. The role is also responsible for the quality and overall style of each wine within the VQA wine program.
Reports to President
A chance to be part of a dynamic team:
Flat Rock Cellars is an established winery with solid distribution, known for quality, premium winemaking and innovative branding. FRC is located in lovely Jordan, Ontario overlooking the vineyards, with Lake Ontario and Toronto’s skyline in the distance. The FRC team takes their job and winemaking seriously but we like to have a little fun while we are at it.
- Lead winemaking duties including pressing, fermentation, racking, filtering, sensory analysis, lab analysis, blending and bottling.
- Work to maintain a consistent style and enhance quality from year to year.
- Assist in developing and manage operating budgets, wine costing budgets, and capital budgets to meet sales targets and operational goals.
- Research and order supplies and ingredients while effectively managing supplier relationships.
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing team on the bottling schedule to produce wines in a timely manner to meet market demand while maximizing wine quality.
- Responsible for warehouse organization and management and ensuring a clean and safe workplace.
- As a key winery spokesperson, represent the company at promotional activities including attending events, provide support to the marketing and sales team, media interviews or other public relations or industry related duties as needed.
- Hire, train, schedule and supervise seasonal/occasional staff, as required.
You must have:
- Post-secondary qualifications in wine making; Experience with Pinot Noir, Chardonnay and Riesling.
- Minimum 8 years’ wine making experience.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and be a self-starter.
- Strong public speaking skills.
- High attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Sound computer knowledge and detail oriented record keeping
- A team player attitude and experience leading, teaching and managing direct reports.
- Strong business acumen.
- Fork lift operator certificate.
- SmartServe certification.
You will need:
- To live in or close to the region
- To be able to work some evenings and weekends
How To Apply
Please apply through the posting or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 27th
For assistance please call 1 866 379 4915