Sales Manager - Ontario
Sales & Marketing)
Escalade Wine & Spirits
ESCALADE WINES & SPIRITS
PROVINCIAL SALES MANAGER
To manage the overall provincial operations and sales team activities of Escalade Wine & Spirits (EWS) in Ontario. This exciting position is responsible for achieving provincial sales results as well as providing vision, direction, leadership, and motivation to the sales team. This position reports to the General Manager (GM).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develop the annual Provincial Business Plan (BP) plans for all EWS brands consistent with the guidelines provided by the GM and the VP Marketing & Operations; complete monthly status reports, provide market updates as required, present marketing and product submissions to the LCBO as required;
· Liaise with the GM and VP Marketing & Operations regarding demand and supply forecasts and Latest Estimate (LE’s) for EWS brands, providing the GM pricing recommendations, local marketing plans and implementation strategies targeted by the sales team;
· Liaise with the LCBO and on-premises chain accounts regarding programming, inventory logistics, tender calls, and new product introduction;
· Aggressively develop and maintain contacts within the LCBO as well as sales accounts within the government retail stores and on-premises accounts;
· Promote and increase sales within the province, through aggressive execution of national and regional marketing strategies, working within company policies, resources, and budgets. Working collaboratively and cooperatively with Marketing to devise, implement and follow up to ensure successful programming execution;
· Increase overall distribution of brands at retail, on-premises and specialty accounts through the management of the sales team and their efforts on assigned promotional programs, shelf management and pricing strategies;
· Provide leadership to the sales team. Develop and monitor individual rep’s sales objectives, and ensure sales staff are performing their duties to call on all assigned accounts. Work with and coach reps, evaluating, measuring, and ensuring proper procedures are used to reach goals, and take corrective action if goals are not obtained.
· Function cooperatively and effectively within a team environment, contribute to overall team objectives and dynamics;
· Ensure that programs are properly communicated and that resources are in place when needed, and that the team understands their priorities and responsibilities. Oversee the provincial planning process to ensure that proper goals are in place;
· Manage all budgets within fiscal allocations as outlined by the GM;
· Prepare and oversee regular team sales meetings and conference calls;
· Perform other duties as required.
· Experience: University degree and/or minimum of 5-7 years sales experience, at least 2 years sales supervisor or sales manager experience within the wine and spirits industry. Experience dealing with the LCBO, or key retail chain and or on-premises chain accounts is an asset. Supervisory or team lead experience in a related or complimentary consumer products industry may be considered.
· Skills: Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be highly organized, and display excellent motivation and leadership abilities. EWS is information driven and makes fact based decisions. Successful candidate should have good PC skills (MS Office Suite) and be able to extensively use the EWS web based applications for sales and planning activities. Must be able to juggle multiple situations, and be self motivated and able to work independently.
· Knowledge: Working knowledge of the alcoholic beverage industry and the successful completion of several wine and spirit courses is very desirable (such as WSET). A personal desire to continue your personal development by continuing to take business and wine courses is required.
· Physical: Must be able to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and travel (includes overnight stays). Must be physically fit and be able to lift and carry 41+ pounds and able to build displays or handle heavy POS material.
· Other: Must possess and maintain a valid Driver’s license in the Province employed. Must have and maintain a valid Canadian Passport and be able to travel frequently. This position will require periodic travel within the province, country and international travel. This position requires that the candidate reside in the GTA (office in Mississauga).
Other Preferred Job Qualifications: Existing trade relationships. Extensive previous selling, people management, marketing, public relations, restaurant/wine, and food experience, retail and/or event special event planning experience. You will have a demonstrated passion for wine and the beverage alcohol industry.
Interested candidates should apply to firstname.lastname@example.org attaching your detailed cover letter and CV. Base salary plus incentive bonus, car allowance and benefits commensurate with experience. Business related expenses are also covered.
The above information is representative of the work performed in this position, however it is not all-inclusive. The omission of a specific duty or responsibility does not exclude it from the position if the work is similar or related to the essential duties and responsibilities. This job description will be reviewed annually during the performance appraisal process.
For assistance please call 1 866 379 4915