2017 Vintage Cellarhand
Vineyards & Cellars )
We are looking for a positive, energetic, detail-oriented, and hard-working person to join our winemaking team for Vintage 2017. Because our production team is small, the incumbent will work closely with our Vineyard Manager & Winemaker, Jean-Marc Enixon, and be involved in every aspect of the vintage winemaking process in our new state of the art, gravity flow winemaking facility, complete with a basket press and Bucher Oscillys Destemmer.
The ideal candidate will possess fantastic cellar, crush pad, and laboratory skills, but moreover will have a great attitude and a desire to make top quality wines.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Maintaining winery hygiene, including the sanitisation of tanks and equipment
- Receiving and processing grapes
- Transferring and racking tanks
- Operating winery equipment (pumps, de-stemmer, press, etc)
- Carrying out daily pump overs
- Conducting basic lab analysis testing (Acidity, Ph, VA, So2)
- Starting and monitoring fermentations, as well as collecting and logging daily fermentation data
- Operating a forklift (stacking barrels, moving must from container to tank)
- Carrying out barrel operations (filling, topping, racking)
Requirements are as follows:
- A positive attitude
- Some post-secondary university education, degrees with a specialization Winemaking or equivalent considered an asset
- Hands-on vintage and cellar experience (i.e. 2+ vintages), with global vintage experience considered an asset
- A valid work permit for working in Canada, or valid SIN #
- Ability to work independently on a compact team, and to work long hours
- Excellent communication skills (French and/or English)
- An excellent work ethic, reliability and integrity
- A proven track record of achieving and maintaining high standards
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Excellent forklift skills, and a valid forklift ticket
- Ability to safely lift up to 25 kg
- A current Canadian or International drivers license in good standing
While the incumbent will be responsible for getting his or her own accommodation and transportation to and from the site, we should nonetheless be able to provide assistance in this regard.
Culmina Family Estate Winery is an ultra-premium-focused, boutique family-run winery estate in the South Okanagan of British Columbia. Conceived in 2007, Don, Elaine and Sara Triggs started with a simple goal: to make the highest quality wines possible from their family's own estate. Channeling their lifelong passion and resources into their new property, Culmina represents their commitment to excellence, as well as their desire to craft icon quality wines reflective of their origins. Since opening its doors in 2013, Culmina has released a small portfolio of wines to both critical and consumer acclaim, with consistent ratings from reviewers across Canada.
Negotiated at the time of offer; based on experience.
How To Apply
Please submit your resume and a separate cover letter which details exactly how your skills and experience directly lend itself to the position offered above. Please explain why you would like to work for Culmina, and also reference your Foreign Visa / Immigration status at the time of application.
Please also supply the requested documents above in PDF format only.
For assistance please call 1 866 379 4915