Vineyards & Cellars )
Church and State Wines is one of BC’s most well-known and fastest growing wineries. We are looking for an ideal candidate to fill the role of Vineyard Manager at our 6 vineyard sites located in the southern Okanagan Valley, British Columbia.
Church and State Wines is home to over 120 acres of premium estate vineyards and we produce more than 20,000 cases of award-winning BC wine. Church & State Wines has always focused on unyielding quality, and has been making some of the world’s best wines including Syrah, Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay and Pinot Gris, as well as Bordeaux and white Rhone blends. Since the launch of our new Lost Inhibitions Series of wines, our company has been growing rapidly to meet the demands of our consumers.
We are looking for a Vineyard Manager who is passionate about vineyard management and growing grapes for super-premium wines. Church & State Wines has always been driven by the balance between Art & Science, Terroir & Technology, Work & Play. Our new Vineyard Manager will share these core values and be willing to grow with our company.
The primary role of the Vineyard Manager will be to manage all aspects of grape production and vineyard operations, from pruning through to harvest.
The Responsibilities of the Vineyard Manager include, but are not limited to:
· Plan, hire, document, train, and manage a diverse crew of seasonal workers and permanent staff, and ensure they are deployed in an efficient and effect manner so that all vineyard goals and timelines are met in a timely and cost-effective fashion.
· Herbicide and pest management planning and application.
· Canopy management.
· Crop load estimation and management.
· Fertilizer planning and application.
· Irrigation management.
· Purchase of farm machinery and vineyard supplies
· Maintenance of farm equipment and buildings.
· Monitor vineyards for phenology and soil and vine health.
· Accurately record and file all vineyard operations.
· Work closely with the winemaker and proprietor to ensure quality objectives are achieved.
· Work closely with the winemaker on special projects to improve grape and wine quality.
· Ensure compliance with OH&S guidelines for all vineyard staff.
· Ideally, the Vineyard manger will have a tertiary degree in Viticulture or Agricultural Science from a recognized university or educational institution.
· A proven track record of success managing a similar sized (or larger) operation for the production of super-premium fruit.
· The ability to speak Spanish will be an important asset.
· The candidate will have a strong passion for producing world class wine.
· Possess a ‘can do’, positive attitude.
· Be able to work independently and be willing to do anything that it takes to get the job done and make things happen.
· Be a results-oriented team player with excellent oral and written communications skills.
How To Apply
Please send applications to:
Jeff Del Nin
For assistance please call 1 866 379 4915