Vineyard Manager & Assistant Winemaker
Vineyards & Cellars )
King’s Court Estate Winery, is an award winning Family Estate Winery located in St.Catharines, Ontario that produces wines of many varieties, primarily focusing on aromatic whites, icewines, and red wines. We are currently expanding and looking to hire a full-time Vineyard Manager and Assistant Winemaker. The ideal candidate is a high-energy, self-motivated, responsible individual who can work well in a team scenario, as well as independently. This position has the opportunity for career growth for the right candidate.
- Plan, schedule, and manage safe and productive work activities in the vineyards to meet quality and yield objectives.
- Manage the vineyard costs in alignment with the budget.
- Manage & assist all cellar, vineyard & winemaking tasks including transfers, barrel work, filtering, cleaning, crushing, pressing, racking, bottling, labeling & other duties.
- Laboratory analysis and Record Keeping.
- Tasting wines & making winemaking decisions in conjunction with the winemaker.
- Represent the winery at tastings and events as needed.
- Hold a valid drivers’ license and safe driving record(preferred)
- Be able to work flexible, sometimes longer hours
- Operate & maintain machinery & equipment. Report issues to General Manager.
- Assist with all soil, canopy, weed and pest management
- Assist with harvesting
- Ensures a safe and hazard free work environment for all staff and guests as per the King’s Court Estate Winery Health and Safety Policy
- Ba Sc. Or Diploma in Enology, Viticulture or related field.
- 2+ years of growing grapes and vineyard management experience.
- 2+ years in wine production
- Communicate effectively in English and work safely with co-workers
- Self-confidence and stamina
- Spray certification or willing to train
- Ability to operate machinery – e.g. tractor, small engines, pumps, filters, etc.
- Ability to lift in excess of 25 kg
- Be very detail oriented and complete tasks in a safe and efficient manner.
- On-going training/development is needed to keep current in this position (as required by management)
- Must have Canadian citizenship/residency or a valid Canadian work permit. We will not be able to assist in Temporary Foreign Worker Permits.
King’s Court Estate Winery is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all of those who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For assistance please call 1 866 379 4915